Colorado Springs Mothers’ Rights Attorneys
Helping Mothers Pursue Custody & Visitation Rights in CO
While any divorce can be unpleasant and stressful for families, separating with children can be all the more intimidating. From navigating child custody disputes to proving unfit parenting, guardians can encounter various legal hurdles when seeking custody or visitation rights of children.
For mothers, the legal challenges of child custody can be even more intimidating. Although moms and dads are granted the same rights in a Colorado divorce, mothers often face unique challenges when seeking custody or visitation rights, from securing affordable childcare to finding a higher-paying job to accommodate for lost income after separation.
Fortunately, our Colorado Springs mothers’ rights attorneys have extensive experience navigating the complexities of child custody, visitation, and parenting plans in family court. From securing adequate child support to holding abusive spouses accountable, our compassionate lawyers can work tirelessly for the favorable outcome you need to protect your little ones and restore peace and stability in their lives.
When to Hire a Mothers’ Rights Attorney
Sadly, it isn’t unheard of for contentious partners to exaggerate or lie about mothers’ treatment of children in an effort to win sole or primary custody. In these cases, hiring an experienced mothers’ rights attorney is a must to obtain a fair outcome and protect the health and safety of your children.
At The Gasper Law Group, our child custody lawyers can assist with:
- Accurately representing your unique circumstances: Our Colorado Springs mothers' rights attorneys can accurately depict your situation to the court to ensure that your side of the story is fully understood. This is especially crucial in the event that a disgruntled spouse lies or exaggerates certain elements of your situation at your expense, such as false accusations of neglect or child abuse.
- Sound counsel: Our dedicated lawyers can provide sound counsel and legal guidance to help mothers navigate the legal complexities of their case, understand the legal options available to them, and guide their steps wisely to prioritize the health and safety of their children.
- Effective negotiation: When necessary, our attorneys can advocate for your best interests by negotiating effectively with the other co-parent, fighting for a favorable resolution that puts your children first.
- Child support: Our lawyers can help mothers pursue fair child support payments from their partners, ensuring their children are supported and cared for after a divorce or separation.
- Protection against false/unfair allegations: In cases where false accusations are made, a skilled mothers' rights attorney can construct a robust defense to hold your co-parent accountable for their lies, protecting your rights and your relationship with your children.
- Modifying existing custody arrangements: Our attorneys can help you petition for modifications to an existing custody or child support order if your circumstances have significantly changed.
- Experienced representation: While our firm understands that not every case requires extensive litigation, we also won’t hesitate to fight for your family in the courtroom. You can rely on our experienced family lawyers to advocate for your needs before the judge if needed.
Caryn Adams and her team are hands down the BEST. I don't think I would have made it through what I went through without her by my side. My charges were dropped and we walked away with all parental rights/custody and a restraining order against the other party.- Avarie J.
I’m not one to have an extensive experience with law firms or lawyers and court in general. However, the professionalism, guidance, and candor I’ve received from each person in this law firm have been beyond reproach. Anytime, I mean, anytime, I’ve had a question about my case and the way forward, I was met with a friendly and constructive conversation about my case. There was never a doubt in my mind, that I made the right choice when I selected this law firm to represent me. Caryn and Stacie have been a wonderful blessing to my life and my legal proceedings. If you are looking for a no-BS law firm that has a significant reputation in the Springs area, I absolutely recommend this one. Even though I hope to not have to deal with this again, fingers crossed and every lucky charm, I’d trust this law firm with my representation to handle the hard stuff and give me ease with court proceedings. Thank you all for what you do and have done for me, my family, and my career. Bless you all.- Steve S.
I, unfortunately, was involved with two separate situations within a few years of each other, which left me in quite a bind both times. I was lucky enough to have Caryn assist me in both cases and was absolutely floored with the knowledge and expertise that not only she carries, but the firm as a whole. One of the best, if not the best lawyers I've ever come across. Extremely nice and very honest. I was able to resolve my situations with minimal impact and continue my life without fear of being held back.- Former Client
After an absolutely crazy incident that could not have been seen almost anywhere besides a movie. I received some serious charges and was in search of an attorney. They would not only represent me but need to do the right thing because it's the right thing...- Lance F.
I really want to Thank Jack, Emily, and Therese for all their hard work taking care of my sister Pamela Bellos’s estate , they answered every call, every email from me in the long process of this probate and they all was very professional- Karen B.
The Gasper Law Group was fantastic. From the start, they treated me incredibly well and were very open about everything from my situation. They were incredibly attentive to me and my case and made sure I fully understood everything while supporting me in every way they could. Caryn was AMAZING in handling my case. Her knowledge, confidence, and attentiveness were second to none. I would recommend them to anyone for any situation.- Jason E.
Highly professional team of attorneys and paralegal staff who work hard to reach the best outcomes for their clients. A courteous, respectful, and efficient group in all phases and aspects of due diligence, and discovery with effective preparation of cases entrusted to them. The partner representing me, Ms. Caryn Adams was truly impressive in her knowledge of the law, her empathy, and her care for getting the best possible resolution in my favor in pre-trial negotiation. And I have no doubt she and her team would be just as dedicated and efficient in more complex defense situations. I recommend them highly and without reservation in all areas of the law in which they are eminently qualified.- Salah H.
Gasper Law Group is great to work with. I recently did Estate Planning and they were awesome. Explained everything thoroughly. Emily, Jack, Therese , Holly, and Emily are all very professional. If you need any Legal advice or assistance reach out to the Gasper Law Group. 5 star service.- Ruby D.
Understanding Mothers’ Rights in Colorado
At The Gasper Law Group, our skilled mothers' rights attorneys understand the gravity and emotional toll that child custody disputes can take on parents. Mothers can face unjust challenges when petitioning for custody, making it vital for mothers to consult with a trusted family lawyer when preparing for a divorce or child custody proceedings. To understand mothers' rights, we must first understand the different types of child custody (known as “parental responsibilities”) in Colorado.
There are two primary types of child custody, including:
- Decision-Making Responsibility (Legal Custody): Also known as legal custody, decision-making responsibility is the parental right to make important decisions in the child’s life, such as religious upbringing, education, and healthcare.
- Parenting Time (Physical Custody): Also known as physical custody, parenting time determines where the child will live and how much time they will spend with each parent.
How Is Child Custody Determined in Colorado?
In any child custody decision, the court's primary concern is the best interests of the child. To determine a fair arrangement, the judge may consider various elements, such as the child's emotional, mental, and physical welfare and each co-parent's ability to maintain a healthy, cooperative relationship with the other.
Additional factors that influence child custody decisions include:
- The health and needs of the child
- The earning capacity of each parent
- The child’s wishes, if age-appropriate
- The quality of each child-parent relationship
- Geographic location (e.g., the child’s school district)
- The mental and physical health of all involved parties
- The safety and suitability of each parent’s living conditions
- Each parent’s outstanding debts and financial contributions
Types of Child Custody Arrangements
When it comes to awarding decision-making responsibility and parenting time, various child custody arrangements can be established. These include:
- Joint custody, where parents share parental responsibilities; and
- Primary (sole) custody, where one parent is awarded custody.
Compassionate Counsel for Mothers in Colorado Springs
At The Gasper Law Group, our dedicated family lawyers have represented couples and families in Colorado Springs for nearly twenty years. With thousands of cases handled, our firm has extensive knowledge of family law to prioritize your unique needs from start to finish. From navigating complex property division to high net worth divorces, our trusted advocates have the necessary skills and experience to guide your steps wisely throughout your case. We can work hard to minimize potential conflict while maximizing your chance of obtaining a favorable resolution in family courts.
Child custody disputes can be complex and emotionally taxing. Contact us online to discuss your case with a mothers’ rights attorney.