Arrested for Drug Possession in El Paso County?
The thought of jail is a very frightening one but exists for possessing even a minor amount of drugs. Prison is likely if there are prior convictions or a significant quantity of a controlled substance. Your freedom may hinge on the skill and knowledge of your attorney.
Gasper Law Group can intervene on your behalf to help you avoid the harshest consequences of drug charges. Our Colorado Springs criminal defense lawyers are former county prosecutors who can attack the evidence and assist you in establishing your best defense.
Call us now at 719-227-7779 if you are charged with:
- Possession of marijuana or drug paraphernalia
- Possession of meth, cocaine, crack or other illegal drug
- Illegal possession of prescription narcotics (e.g. Vicodin, Oxycontin)
- Possession with intent to sell
- Distribution/drug trafficking
- Cultivating or manufacture
- Drug-related theft, fraud, weapons charges or money laundering
If you suspect you are under investigation in a drug sting but have not been charged, we can take proactive steps to protect you.
We also have experience representing members of the military – we understand what’s at stake.
Experienced Drug Possession Defense
We take cases in Colorado Springs, Cripple Creek and throughout El Paso, Teller, Arapahoe and Douglas counties. Partners Caryn J. Adams and Allen C. Gasper and their excellent staff of experienced attorneys use their many decades of combined experience to help clients avoid prison and conviction whenever possible:
– Mr. Gasper knows that often times the Vice and Narcotics Investigation unit is interested in “bigger fish.” They may be willing to offer a favorable plea to avoid or minimize prison time in exchange for implicating others.
– Mr. Gasper and his team examine every case for opportunities for dismissal of charges based on violations of your Fourth Amendment rights against illegal search and seizure. We also look at the credibility and motivation of informants, and the tactics of undercover officers.
– Most “intent to distribute” cases are charged at levels of crime that carry serious consequences. We work to get these reduced to simple drug possession, which carries a much lighter sentence.
– You may be eligible for Drug Court or boot camp, depending on your criminal history and the severity of the offense. While you will still be sentenced to the Colorado Department of Corrections, the emphasis is treatment for addiction. We can negotiate or even, in some instances, stipulate that your sentence be reduced if you complete the program.
– When you hire the Gasper Law Group you don’t hire only the experience and expertise of Senior Partner, Allen C. Gasper, but you hire the entire group of experienced attorneys. Cases are “staffed” to gain knowledge and input from all of the firm’s excellent lawyers and investigators.
Contact our Colorado Springs law office for a free initial consultation with aggressive lawyers who know what’s at stake and how to handle your case.